Villard de Honnecourt: A Critical Bibliography
Carl F. Barnes, Jr.
“Nearly all the literature published on Villard before the early 1980s, and even much that has appeared since then, either ignores the egregious blunders of his drawings or seeks to explain them away by special pleading of various kinds, evidently from a sentimental attachment to the notion that Villard was a practicing architect.”
This work-in-progress is a large project and must be broken into sections to be useful.
- Introduction and Bibliographic Note
- Facsimile Editions (Printed)
- Facsimile Editions (Electronic)
- Writings from 1666 to 1849
- Writings from 1850 to 1899
- Writings from 1900 to 1949
- Writings from 1950 to 1981 (Limit of the first Edition)
- Writings from 1982 to 1999
- Writings from 2000 to 2009
- Writings from 2010 to Present